Thursday 28 May 2015

Message from El Ojo (end of 2014-5 season)

The indefatigable EL OJO (the eye) comments on the season just finished, 2014-15 as he comes up to yet another birthday. Very Best Wishes and Congratulations for achieving this very high point.

He and I had plans to meet on the summit of Roseberry Topping if I won the league. It's another high point.


The league winner was newcomer Leah Pardo of London. The league table can be seen in the blog for May 2015.

THE LETTER FROM EL OJO
Dear Head MasterGardener,
Thank you most sincerely for keeping all your little seedlings well watered & cared for. A true labour of love unfortunately marred by the discovery of a rogue spud in our lovely flower garden! Congratulations Leah (I'm sure you are not a real rogue) to an outstanding front runner..........please can I have a signed photo....with an explanation of where the spud came from. I need to know my adversaries...!!
I think Ed & I will have to form our own male only league. Personally I think this equality business has gone way too far. Each year I have to keep swallowing the bitter pill of being beaten & humiliated by the fair sex, one of them being my wife of 55 years! Only our Boss has managed to keep the male flag flying. We have 3 ladies playing I believe.....1st 3rd & 4th & it's not a flash in the pan either. Barbara & Toni are consistent high flyers.
As a Boro supporter I'm rather glad that Vernon's wish to have 3 of your own team in the FL will not now be required. It's one thing to have 3 Chelsea players & quite another to have had to have 3 Boro wallies. I am sure you would have won Sir had you not tied your ankles together........but many congratulations for the runners up spot. It was a closely fought finish with Leah shipping loads of penalty points to forestall your attack & coming out smelling of roses. Perhaps she has metamorphosed into a little flower after all.
With good wishes & happy Summer Holidays to all other hopeful losers without whom those that won would have had a hollow victory. Perhaps Leah can fly us all to Bermuda in her Lear jet to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment