Saturday 23 May 2015

Comment on last blog "Dutch my luck"

from Mike

 First there were a few words of communion from him (after my Amen?) and then Mike goes on:


I was, confident I had some good points in store from Cazorla, Sanchez & the Giraffe who I had made Captain for the first & last time! Alas I amassed a grand total of some 16 points over 2 games including a Captain.......baaah! The only good thing was they couldn't even give me a yellow card. Exciting stuff at the top...all still to play for at the top of the dung heap. 
What a game Sunderland produced....Little Richard & his brood must be ecstatic....again!
And yes M'bro needs all the help they can get. Not terribly confident & even if they succeed we will be in for a nail biting attempt to stay up given the hard time Leicester & Burnley have had. What memories we have V. Dear old Wilf, George & do you remember Delapino on the wing & Ugolini in goal (spelling?). 50,000 flat capped steel workers with their dry humour & being passed over their heads to the front as a kid........memories are made of this. 
Feel free to reproduce on your blog as I'm a dinosaur....!

Great comments, Mike. Dinosaur talk as you say. I remember 'Ugolini' the goalie, but don't recall the other one. The name has such a lugubrious sound. Couldn't stop saying it.

At Roker Park one Saturday, Shackleton, with the ball at his feet, headed for the corner flag. Once there he sat on the ball. ....Whether this was a comment on the other players or just a bit of clowning - I don't know. But it makes a good story.

The Derby County members Peter and David with Up the Rams and Super Rams must have been glum with Derby's failed efforts last season (two seasons) in the play-offs. Sorry you two!!

Some of us north-easterners may be glum on Monday night but we don't want boring Norwich, do we? Sorry Ken.

......and as for tomorrow, I don't even want to mention Newcastle. ( The results will decide that either Newcastle or Hull are relegated)

RIP




No comments:

Post a Comment