Saturday 17 August 2013


Kick-off day at last.

Did I do right? To go with van Persie and a shell of a team in order to afford him.

I had to have him in the team because during last season I had taken such a personal dislike to the guy. Watching him on TV was the worst. There he goes again. Another 4 points for Mike's Elojo ('The Eye' in Spanish). Another eyesore!

Wishing that the Dutchman would break a leg was not morally healthy for me so I have decided to start with him. Mind you, it is only 0915 I could change my mind.

Actually, it is not such a shell of a team. There are a couple of peripheral players - they won't score many points but there is no one else cheaper to put in.

I will keep 3 Chelsea players in my Floculante Furies 6 for the whole season. And at least one other manager will do the same, I believe. I shall be looking at your teams so that I can feel superior to those of you who have 2 Man City, 2 Arsenal, 2 etc.

I have left Man City players alone until I find out who the new manager is going to go with. Nick and I believe that Chelsea will start with Lukaku. Who else? He scored more Premier League goals than Ba or Torres. I see the Guardian have two old stagers in their predicted team: Lampard and Essien!
I wish I could have found a place for Santi Cazorla and Benteke, Zabaleta and ......etc

Well, it is all going to happen soon.

My last look at the TBG league members showed that all last season's veterans are in again. Well done! And I am delighted to welcome some new members. I'm sure they will have fun.

Predictions

TBG. Floculante Furies 6 to finish 6th or better and Toni and Barbara - plus another lady manager expected to make her debut - to fill the first three places.

Premier League: Chelsea to win


Related articles

No comments:

Post a Comment