Wednesday 13 January 2016

Turkey in the Sky with Diamonds

I thought of this title around Christmas time of course. For the words I may owe something to The Beatles - indeed I owe for all of them except Turkey. Before Christmas I could not think of anything to write under the title, but I knew that something would come into my mind eventually and perhaps it would be to do with shooting the turkey and all the diamonds falling out.

The thought of shooting the Turkey down made me wonder if part of the idea in the words was connected with my thoughts on Robbie Savage, the commentator on BT Sport. Or 'Sav' as they call him, 'Sav and Fletch'* is the full phrase. It sounds like something you rub on a sore spot. (I wish there was something)

Last night (Newcastle v Man U) 'Sav' was making me cringe by showing that he knew how to allude. In fact, he alluded to something he had said, Glenn Hoddle had said and somebody else had said. He alluded three times without apology.

Maybe 'Sav' could be the Turkey - but he is far from being full of diamonds. 'Allude' is maybe a false pearl but not a diamond. So I will have to look elsewhere for something to write under my title 'Turkey in the Sky with Diamonds'

I have an idea my title might be connected with all the teams in all the leagues who have played their cards early in the Premier League Fantasy Football Game and are now sailing up in the sky around the top of the league. Are they the turkeys? Some of them may be, but our highest flyer has so far cleverly kept her diamonds to herself.

So I am still wondering what to write under that great title 'Turkey in the Sky with Diamonds'

(Please don't point out that the title could be 'Turkey in the Sky/BT with Diamonds')
*Savage and Fletcher
The end

No comments:

Post a Comment