Monday 29 June 2015

Good Old World

Good Old World is the name of the book I published on Friday. It's about my childhood in County Durham and mentions how I chose to work in Newcastle. I would be there on Saturday mornings for work so I might as well stay on and watch 'the lads' in the afternoon. That was when Jackie Milburn was the centre-forward and Frank Brennan was centre-half and N'yucassell won the FA cup every season. I didn't mention this in the book but it would have come near the end of the book if I had.

I also didn't mention that I saw Alf Ramsey play right-back for Spurs against Johnny Mitchell, a nippy Scot, who gave young Alf a run-a-round.

I didn't mention these things as I had to keep a balance. It's hard to believe, but not everyone is a fan.

I am grateful to Nick and to El Ojo for reading the book earlier in the year and making encouraging noises. But it is not their fault ....

You can order it from a bookshop or online and there's more about it here:
http://www.newgeneration-publishing.com/bookstore/biography/bookdetails/1579

There's a price comparison website here:
http://www.bookbutler.com/compare?isbn=9781785070662

Of course, you don't have to buy it.

But there might be a test on it just before the season starts ....

The end

No comments:

Post a Comment