Monday 27 January 2014

Seamus O'Connell and THE CHI STROLLER

Ed, of Chi Strollers writes:

"I saw him play for Bishop Auckland several times. The first time I saw him was at Wembley in the amateur cup final playing for Crook Town against Barnet, I think in the late fifties. He scored twice and Crook won 3-2."

IT WAS 1959. FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF AMATEUR FINALS SEE  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FA_Amateur_Cup_finals


What Ed doesn't tell us is that he, Ed, himself played for Crook Town - it must have been in the late fifties as well, wasn't it? Tell us more, Ed. (Correction from Ed follows, added on 28/1/14)

You read it wrong guv. I did not play for Crook Town, I saw Seamus O’Connell play for Crook Town at Wembley.
I did play at Barnet a few games without setting the world alight having started at 15 in the youth team.
Ed.



What Ed did tell us all recently was about how not to play a Wildcard .....


Dated 20th Jan  2014
Yesterday was my 74th birthday and I feel I say this not for any heartfelt adoring praise I know you would want to shower upon me. I am increasingly aware that my memory is not what it used to be. I decided last Mon. to use my wild card to replace five of my players injured or unavailable. Being on the ball as I am I knew the best tactic would be to wait until Sat. am to be sure of the best outcome. This is where my advanced years come into play. The next time fantasy league figured in my mind was Sat. pm. when the results came on TV. I'm confident the fair minded sport loving members of Tiger Balm Gardens will overwhelmingly agree that I should be awarded the extra 75 points I would surely have received had my unfortunate bout of senility not occurred. I thank each one of you in advance as I am sure you will agree to this appeal. I also feel confident I can count on each and every one of you when this unfortunate situation repeats itself in the near future.
Chi Strollers. 20th Jan  2014

THE END



No comments:

Post a Comment