Thursday 3 October 2013

Checking up on Van Persie


The two Manchester Premier League clubs played Wednesday evening. Man U drew, and during the interview after the match their Scottish manager used the marvellous Scots word for 'going to' - which is 'goanee' as in the sentence "I thought we were goanee score." (And he was right - they did score, but not enough)

In the other match Man City were playing a system called 'Tactical Fiasco' explained, incidentally, in my book 'The Art of Kick and Rush' (1935) Price 2/6d. Their opponents Bayern Music played magnificently. The result: City lost at home, 3-1.

Manager Pellegrini, after the match, I think said, "bbbllllaaa I tink bbbblllllaaat  I tink bbblllaaa I tink bbblllaaa".

Oh, and Van Persie had a shot over the bar, but he could be on target by Gameweek 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment